Terms & Conditions
Material on this website is protected by copyright. Unless otherwise stated no part of this website may be reproduced or used for any purpose other than private personal use without the prior written consent of the copyright holder. Copyright in all materials and/or works comprising or contained within this website remains with the Active Partnership. Any unauthorised copying, publication or reproduction of the content of this website is strictly prohibited and constitutes an infringement of copyright.
The Active Partnership has tried to ensure that the contents of this website are accurate. However, The Active Partnership will not accept liability for any loss or damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this website. Visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk. The Active Partnership does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via the website is accurate, complete or up to date. Price and availability of information is subject to change without notice.
The Active Partnership will not be liable (to the fullest extent permitted at law) for any loss, damage or inconvenience arising as a consequence of any use of or the inability to use any information on this site.
The Active Partnership takes no responsibility for the contents of linked websites and links should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. The Active Partnership has no control over the availability of the linked pages.
This privacy notice demonstrates and explains the Active Partnership's commitment to privacy on the internet. The following discloses the methods we use to gather and disseminate information from this website. The type and amount of information we gather depends on how you use the site. The Active Partnership adheres to the Data Protection Principles of the Data Protection Act.
The Active Partnership reserves the right to modify the information contained on this site at anytime without notice. This site and all information and materials on it are provided to you "as is" without warranty of any kind.
Privacy Notice (PDF, 181 Kb)
Normal Website Usage
You can visit most parts of the Active Partnership's website without telling us who you are and without giving us any personal information. The only information we collect from a normal website visit is the name of your internet service provider (ISP), the web site that referred you to us, the browser and type of machine you are using, the pages you request and the date and time of those requests.
We collect this information on an aggregate basis only. For example, we track which pages are most and least popular. This information is used for internal purposes only and is not shared with third parties. We do not collect any other information without the visitor's knowledge and permission.
We use this information to improve the site. During a normal website visit, we do not collect or store any personally identifiable information.
Collection of Personal Identifiable Information
Active Suffolk collects personal information when you register with us, place an order for events, products or services or voluntarily submit applications, surveys and feedback to us. We will use this information to provide the services requested, maintain records, and, if you agree, send you marketing information.
How information about you will be used
The personal information you provide will be used in a number of ways:
• To process an order
• To process a payment via bank/credit card/invoice
• Administrative purposes for an event/course or activity
• For statistical analysis
• To store bookings in our secure back office website system for accounting, sales and the purpose of statistical analysis
• To store data from voluntarily completed bookings and customer surveys
• To analyse data from feedback forms and surveys
• To publish photographs of the event/activities and courses on social media, use for similar event promotion in the future and to be stored by Active Suffolk
• To create case studies following customer consent
• To send marketing to you that have opted in to
• To compile statistical reports on website activity from website cookies used to track visitors' use of the website
Sharing of information
Your information will only be shared with third parties for the use of event bookings, surveys and applications. Prior to the submission of your personal data, any third parties receiving your personal information will be identified. For example: If you are signing up to a collaborative project, the collaborating partner would be provided with your information for administrative purposes and to organise your participation in the project.
Use of photographs for social media, event promotion or website
• At the event/activity/course we may take photographs of you. These may be identifiable photographs of you and may be used on social media, in future marketing promotion materials to advertise similar events of this kind and will be stored by Active Suffolk. If you do not wish to be photographed please notify the event organiser and we will refrain from taking any photographs of you.
We would like to send you information about events, products and service of ours.
If you have consented to receive marketing you can opt out at any time in the Emailing and Sharing area of your website profile here: https://www.activesuffolk.org/user/account/email_preferences
You have a right at any time to unsubscribe from marketing information from us.
Active Suffolk will not share your information with companies outside of Active Suffolk for them to send marketing to you without your prior consent.
General website statistical reports on website activity from website cookies are used to track visitors use of the website.
For more information explaining how we use your data please contact Active Suffolk on 01394 444605 during office hours.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at Active Suffolk, c/o East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Riduna Park, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, IP12 1RT.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate or to show you how to do this.
Payment and cancellations for Events, Courses and Workshops
All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking as shown below
- 28 calendar days or more 100% Refund or attendee amendment
- Between 28 and 14 calendar days 50% Refund or attendee amendment
- 14 days or less No refund or attendee amendment will be given.
Links outside the site
This site contains hypertext links to other sites. The Active Partnership is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of these web sites.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, your confidential use of this site cannot be guaranteed by the Active Partnership. The Active Partnership shall not be responsible for any harm that you or any person may suffer as a result of a breach of confidentiality in respect to your use of this site or any information you transmitted to this site.
The copyright for material on this web site rests with the Active Partnership. You may download and read this material. You may not alter this information, repost or sell it without the permission of the Active Partnership.
Physical Activity Tracker
Cuttlefish Multimedia Ltd (Cuttlefish) have been engaged by Active Suffolk for the provision of an Activity Tracker. By registering for an account for the Activity Tracker you are consenting to the handling of your data, protected and otherwise. Upon signing up to the tracker, you will be given the choice to make your details visible or private, however below we have collated more details regarding how this information my be used:
- Active Suffolk has the ultimate authority over the data pertaining to the Activity Tracker.
- In order to monitor take-up of this offering, leaderboard, activity and user data will be downloaded from time to time. This data will only be stored for as long as is necessary to compile a report displaying anonymised information only.
- All data Cuttlefish collects shall be encrypted.
- More sensitive data, such as passwords are protected with further methods including, but not limited to, cryptographically secure hashing algorithms.
- Cuttlefish holds responsibility of data processing, hosting, protecting and transferring data.
- Cuttlefish shall only process data in accordance with UK GDPR and DPA (The Data Protection Act 2018 (c 12)).
- Cuttlefish take daily backups of all data. This is held for up to 30 days and as such, deleted data may take up to 30 days from the date of deletion to be completely removed from the system as well as backups.
- At the end of the agreement between Cuttlefish and Active Suffolk, all data not owned by Cuttlefish shall be deleted within 30 days except to the extent that any applicable law requires the Supplier to store such Protected Data.
- Cuttlefish regularly ensures systems developed and managed by Cuttlefish comply with data protection laws.
- The Activity Tracker may display or permit linking or other access to or use of third-party content, websites, apps, services and resources (collectively "Third-Party Services") that are not under Cuttlefish's control. This may include the opportunity for users to link a user's Activity Tracker account and data with Third-Party Services. Cuttlefish provides these links only as a convenience and are not responsible for the products, services or other content that are available from the Third-Party Service.
- Any Third-Party Services that users use in connection with the Activity Tracker are not part of the Activity Tracker and are not controlled by Cuttlefish. By linking one of these services to the Activity Tracker you take sole responsibility and assume all risk arising from your interaction with or use of any Third-Party Services.
- You should seek medical advice if you have any doubts about your ability to take part in any activity.
- You should take particular care when you are undertaking intensive physical activity of a type, or at a level which is new to you.
- You should always be aware of the safety of other participants, spectators and the general public.
- Any activities performed for the Activity Tracker is done at your own risk.
- It is recommended that you ensure your bicycles and/or any other sports equipment that you ride/use are in a roadworthy condition/safe; and you must observe the rules of the Highway Code/meet recognised safety standards for the chosen sport/activity.
- Any results or impact regarding the activity logged on the Activity Tracker will only ever be shared anonymously, unless you have consented otherwise.