Active Suffolk Board
The Board shall consist of up to 12 people who shall direct the affairs of Active Suffolk in accordance with its objectives and Rules. It will be responsible for maintaining the focus of Active Suffolk and driving the business forward.
Amongst the Board's functions shall be to:
- Define and ensure compliance with the vision, aims, priorities and principles of Active Suffolk and ensure these are set out in each annual report;
- Establish policies and plans to achieve those objectives;
- Approve each year's accounts prior to publication and approve each year's budget;
- Establish and oversee a framework of delegation and systems of control;
- Agree policies on all matters (other than those directly related to the employment of any individual) that create significant financial risk to Active Suffolk or which affect material issues of principle;
- Ensure proper monitoring of Active Suffolk's performance in relation to plans, policies, budget, controls and decisions;
- Recommend to the Lead Authority the appointment (and if necessary the removal) of the Active Suffolk director;
- Satisfy itself that Active Suffolk's affairs are conducted in accordance with generally accepted standards of performance and propriety;
- Take appropriate advice.
If you would be interested in joining the board when a position becomes available please contact John Clough, Director of Active Suffolk
- C/O East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
- 01394 444731