Swimming Teachers and Lifeguards
Swim England are working to develop further FREE online CPD opportunities and sign posting to helpful resources, including some additional live webinars. Their hope is that this will allow you to keep your staff up-to-date, engage with your swimming lesson parents and provide an opportunity to support teacher development without needing to deliver face to face training.
The existing resources are available for you to access now:
Swim England have launched a new online CPD course, helping those in the sector to understand the importance of safeguarding. Click HERE for more information.
Primary School PE Leads/Teachers
VisionED have developed their fully accredited, National Qualification in Leadership & Management in Primary PE to completely online. The course is a distance learning programme with video support, conferencing and access to further support materials.
Available now to support teachers at this time and a great way to empower schools during home working/school closures. To find out more and how to access click HERE
CIMSPA Online CPD
If you are already a member of CIMSPA (The Chartered Institute of the Management of Sport & Physical Activity) you will be able to access their eLearning platform, which provides access to over 1300 short courses to aid with your personal and professional development.
To access the academy for the first time, you will need the access key which is learning1
When you are ready to get started visit https://cimspa.skillgate.com/ and click on the 'register' button.
Access additional support
For support and guidance throughout this unprecedented time, CIMSPA has also created a hub of information as a place where they can bring together advice and practical assistance, including generous offers of support from many of their partners and supporters. Please take a look frequently as this will be updated regularly.
UK Coaching Resources
UK Coaching's learning and development platform ukcoaching.org remains fully operational and is being updated regularly with great content and guidance to service the many coaches who have been directly affected by this virus.
To this end, they have temporarily unlocked 10 of of their most valuable subscriber resources, making them available to all registered on UKCoaching.org.
The selection of tips, guidance, videos, webinars and expert opinions will give coaches the opportunity to take stock and reflect on their coaching practice in the following:
- The Power of Holistic Coaching: Why Coaches Should Develop the Whole Person
- Understanding Self: Creating a Coaching Philosophy
- Understanding the Individual: The Key to Helping Your Participants Thrive
- Understanding Environment: Provide Your Participants With a Sense of Empowerment
- Understanding Coaching Practice: Reflective Practice Essentials
- Sports Psychology: Developing Mental Toughness
- Athletic Development & Physical Preparation: The Importance of Fundamental Movement Skills
- Health, Lifestyle & Wellbeing: Being a Mindful Coach
- Building Relationships: Why Mastering the Coach-Athlete Relationship is Important
- Skill Acquisition: How to Develop and Use Attention to Improve Performance
5 Free Resources to Help Your Well-Being
It's essential to look after your mental health and well-being – and small adaptations to your lifestyle can make it easier.
UK Coaching have selected five free resources to help give you some ideas.
- Webinar (Register / Login to access): Prioritising Your Well-being: Strategies to Take Away and Try (with mental health charity Mind).
- Infographic: Fifteen Ways to Improve Coach Well-being
- Tips: Resilience-Building Toolkit
- Webinar: Exploring Our Duty to Care as Coaches
- Podcast: Adam Morris Talks Mental Well-being
Safeguarding & Protecting Children Workshops
UK Coaching's traditional face-to-face safeguarding and protecting children workshops are now being delivered online – this move has been supported by the Child Protection in Sport Unit and bookings can now be made through their website. The course is also still worth three CPD points as accredited by CIMSPA There's a full statement should you require any more information.
Curious Coaches' Club
Every Monday, UK Coaching are hosting a Curious Coaches' Club for coaches to take part in engaging and insightful online coaching discussions.
How does it work?
The Club has three parts to it:
- Coaches can watch and listen to 'A Conversation About…' between expert coaches live on a Monday or catch up with the previous episode on-demand via UKCoaching.org.
- Coaches who have listened to the Monday webinar or watched it 'on-demand' can then engage and take part in a more in-depth conversation about the topic on Wednesday or Thursday (the same week) via a smaller, informal community of practice hosted by one of our team.
- Coaches can also continue the conversation via ConnectedCoaches – a free online community for coaches of all sports and activities.
More information on the Curious Coaches' Club, including bookings and upcoming sessions, can be found on their website.
The Wright Foundation
The Wright Foundation offer training and workshops for those working in the physical activity sector.
Whilst they are unable to deliver their usual training sessions, they are working around the clock to adapt the way they support the sector by providing virtual learning opportunties.
Upcoming courses include:
Exercise for Long-Term Neurological Conditions qualification
20th to 24th April
Level 4 Cancer Rehabilitation qualification
11th to 15th May
In addition to these, they are currently researching to find out what sort of support those in the sector need. Please take the time to complete a short survey clicking HERE
Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
If you are a specialist instructor within the workforce delivering evidence-based Falls Prevention Exercise Programmes, including FaME and Otago, Later Life Training have put a number of reccommendations together that could support you to adapt your practice.
Later Life Training have also teamed up with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and Agile to create a resource for volunteers and staff working to discharge patients with mobility issues.
Club Matters Workshops
Club Matters workshops are short training sessions, funded by Sport England and will seek to develop your skills, improve your knowledge and ultimately help you develop your club. All workshops last for 2 hours.
We are offering Club Matters workshops online during Covid-19. For further information, please visit the Club Matters website: https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/
Sport Structures Education in Isolation
Sport Structures launched their Education in Isolation offer at the beginning of April and have already had a steady stream of coaches and governing bodies book onto their upcoming virtual courses:
- 1st4sport Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- 1st4sport Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally-Related Achievement
- 1st4Sport Level 3 Education and Training
- 1st4Sport Level 3 Award in Delivering Learning
- 1st4sport Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- 1st4Sport Level 3 Award for Tutors and Assessors in Sport
- 1st4Sport Level 3 Award in Workforce Mentoring
For more information and to book on, please refer to their website
FREE Mental Health Awareness Online Course
From 18th May, UK Coaching are making their Mental Health Awareness for Sport & Physical Activity e-learning course free until the end of August. On completing this course you will receive 3 CIMSPA CPD points.
This course will allow you to gain the confidence to be able to support people experiencing mental health problems, and help them to thrive inside and outside of your sessions, as well as supporting your own mental health.
For more information on the course and how to book on click here
Core Academy Online Training
The Core Academy are looking at providing training for fitness professionals to ensure the industry can support older adults and those at high risk during & after this pandemic.
Core Academy have filmed 4 videos outlining the chair based, older adult, tutoring & assessing qualifications. Following this there will be exercise referral and personal training videos to show you the learner portfolio and explain how The Core Academy will look moving forward.
To sign up please email firstname.lastname@example.org or simply text/call Michelle 07725582817 to discuss any further details. All qualifications are awarded by YMCA Awards, and can be found on CIMSPA.
The following qualifications are available online:
- Level 2 Chair Based Qualification
- Level 3 Older Adult Qualification with Otago
- Level 3 Tutor Training (Teaching & Education)
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing
Discounts on courses are available, for more information please click here