What are Satellite Clubs?
Satellite Clubs are local sport and physical activity clubs that provide young people with enjoyable, appealing and convenient opportunities that make it easy for them to become active or develop regular physical activity habits. Satellite Clubs are part of Sport England's strategy 'Towards an Active Nation' and have helped thousands of young people to get active.
Who are Satellite Clubs aimed at?
Satellite Clubs are aimed at 14 to 19 year olds who are currently inactive (participating in less than 150 minutes of activity a week), particularly those from under-represented groups:
- Young people from BME (Black and Minority Ethnicity) communities
- Young people who speak English as an additional language
- Young people from lower socio-economic groups
- Young people that may be suffering from one or more of a mental health condition
- Young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEETs)
- Young people who are at risk of offending (at risk of offending includes social background factors such as poor education, low socioeconomic status, location, prior offences/background, poor employment within family)
- Young people with disabilities and/or special educational needs
- Young females
What is the purpose of Satellite Clubs?
Satellite Clubs help bridge the gap between school, college and community sport and provide new and exciting opportunities for young people to get activeThe purpose of Satellite Clubs are to:
- Provide positive experiences – ensure young people have a positive attitude to sport and physical activity
- Encourage behaviour change – create regular exercise habits among young people
- Address inequalities – provide opportunities for underrepresented groups to participate in sport and physical activity
Satellite Club Partners
We work with a wide range of partners to get Satellite Clubs up and running across Suffolk. Click on the images below to find out more about some of the fantastic organisations we work with and the clubs/sessions that they have to offer.
Project Officer (Community Sport & Physical Activity) and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- C/O East Suffolk Council, East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
- 07717 850862