FREE SOCIAL ISOLATION & LONELINESS TRAINING IN SUFFOLK
Posted: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:19
The Active Wellbeing team at Active Suffolk have partnered with the Barbergh and Mid Suffolk Council to deliver a FREE training session for anyone in the local area who is interested in understanding the effects of social isolation and loneliness.
Whether you have an interest in the topic or work in community developement in Suffolk, you are welcome to attend. The session is on Tuesday 26th November 2019 from 10:30 – 12:00 at Chamberlin Hall, Bildeston, IP7 7FB. Please register your interest in the sessin if you wish to attend by following the attached link.
What can I expect from the training?
Topics include the following:
- The effect of loneliness and social isolation amongst rural communities in Suffolk
- Local statistics in Suffolk
- Highlighted areas effected
- Risk factors
- The effect of physical activity on loneliness and social isolation
- Benefits of physical activity
- Guidelines for physical activity
- Types of physical activity and how they can help
- Our role
- Whether we are a professional, a spouse, a friend or a neighbour, what can we do to help?
- How to reach the hard to reach?
- Further discussions about loneliness and social isolation within rural communities.
Although this training session is free, we do have a maximum capacity. With this in mind it is esential that you register to attend and inform us if you are no longer able to come along.