Community Asset Fund
Posted: Wed, 04 Jan 2017 13:42
If you know of a facility or space that's important in your local area and could do with some help to improve it or open it up to more people, our new Community Asset Fund could be the answer.
We're interested in talking to lots of different sports clubs and community organisations with great ideas to create, or improve, opportunities to play sport or just get active. For example, you might be:
- A community organisation looking to take over a sports facility that might be under threat of closure or is underused.
- A sports club that wants to expand or improve the sporting experience you offer your customers.
- People who simply have a great idea for a project, like making physical improvements to a building or open space, that's clearly needed in the local community.
Who might consider applying for funding?
- Any eligible organisation with a great and innovative idea can apply for our support. This could include community organisations or clubs that:
- Own or lease existing local facilities that offer the community the chance to play sport and be active.
- Are considering taking over an existing local facility – whether or not it is currently used for sport.
- Haven't accessed our funding before but that want to create great spaces for people to be active.
What types of projects are we interested in hearing about?
We don't want to stifle your thinking and creativity, but here are some of the things you could think about:
- Work to repair, expand or improve a community sports facility. Perhaps your roof has been damaged in a storm, or you could increase the amount of time people can use your pitch or courts if you had floodlights installed.
- Taking ownership of an underused playing field that could be transformed into a place for people to get active. Maybe there's a really well positioned but poorly maintained pitch in your area, that you could take ownership of, improve drainage and access, and bring back into use for the wider local community.
- Transforming an empty or underused building into a space where people can play sport. Is there a vacant community centre or school building that, with a new boiler, paint job and necessary alterations, could be brought back into life as a focus for community activity, including sport?
For more information and to apply please click here.