My Lockdown Activity Hero
We are aware that during the coronavirus pandemic, many local instructors, clubs, family members, teachers and volunteers have selflessly worked to help our community to be active by providing support, virtual services, online workouts and extra motivation where needed and we want to hear about it...
As we slowly begin returning to sports clubs, gyms, leisure centres and fitness classes, we are keen to give praise to those in the local community who have supported us to be active during such unprecedented times.
From Friday 31st July 2020, we will be asking you to submit nominations of those within your Suffolk town or village who have supported you to be more active throughout lockdown.
Who can I nominate?
We are aware that many individuals, clubs, teachers and leisure providers have selflessly worked to support our community to stay well and active during such challenging times by providing virtual services, online workouts and extra motivation.
We want to celebrate the work, dedication and passion of these people in Suffolk who have gone above and beyond to support us to be active during the coronavirus pandemic. The only essential criteria is that the person, club or organisation you nominate is from Suffolk.
You then may want to consider the following:
- Someone who has supported or motivated you to be active - They do not need to be a professional
- A Suffolk instructor who adapted quickly to lockdown measures to ensure you were supported at home
- A volunteer who motivated you to be active
- A friend, family member or peer who has inspired you to try something new
- A teacher who has been passionate and supportive in encouraging physical activity to young people
- A club that has kept in contact to encourage, inspire and motivate.
If you have someone in mind, please send your nomination using the form below before Monday 31st August.