Project Officer (Health and Wellbeing)
Are you passionate about how physical activity can change people’s lives? Could you help us improve the health and wellbeing of Suffolk residents? We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Health and Wellbeing Team at Active Suffolk as a Project Officer. Active Suffolk is hosted by East Suffolk Council and is an energising place to work and a great place to make a real difference to people’s lives. You will be part of a dedicated team, delivering on key countywide Active Suffolk health and wellbeing programmes such as Fit Villages and Active Wellbeing Service to increase participation in physical activity and sport.
- Suffolk, IP12 1RT
- Contact Name
- Laura Spooner
- Contact Email
- Active Suffolk
- £24,496 to £26,845
- Full Time
- Contract/Temporary (Fixed Term until May 2025)
- Active Suffolk
- Placed On
- Mon 6th March, 2023
- 12:00pm - Sun 26th March, 2023
- Job Reference
About Project Officer (Health and Wellbeing)
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Health and Wellbeing Team at Active Suffolk as a Project Officer.
You will be part of a dedicated team, supporting and delivering on key countywide Active Suffolk health and wellbeing programmes such as Fit Villages and Active Wellbeing Service to increase participation in physical activity and sport.
- Talk to individuals and community groups to advocate for physical activity.
- Engage with health professionals and other stakeholders on the importance of physical activity.
- Work with local communities and partner organisations to establish physical activity opportunities.
- Support the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Be responsible for the planning, coordinating, and delivery of projects.
- Support other areas of Active Suffolk work to increase physical activity levels.
What you will need:
- An awareness of the inequalities people may face when accessing physical activity.
- An ability to develop and maintain trusted relationships with individuals and organisations.
- Able to take responsibility for the planning, development and implementation of projects.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- An advocate for physical activity.
- Ability to demonstrate a practical commitment to the Values of Active Suffolk.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion.
Although the office base is in Melton, there is the flexibility to work from home, depending on individual preferences and service requirements. This is also a county wide post and so travel will be involved. A flexible approach to working hours is required, as well as mobility within the district. If you wish to discuss how that might impact your working arrangements if you were the successful candidate, please contact the recruiting manager listed in the advert.
Active Suffolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.