Do you enjoy fitness, wellbeing and thrive on being part of busy team working a range of shifts and dealing with the public? Then read on...
- Diss Leisure Centre, IP22 4JG
- Contact Name
- HR Team
- Contact Telephone
- 01508 533867
- Contact Email
- Circa £17,940 per annum
- Full Time
- Placed On
- Wed 1st July, 2020
- 11:30pm - Sun 26th July, 2020
About Leisure Assistant
Do you have as much enthusiasm as our customers?
What you could be part of…
Diss is a lively and thriving centre consisting of 2 pools, a gym, sauna and steam room. We run a very popular children's swim school and exercise classes for adults too! We believe in giving our staff the skills and knowledge to progress in their career so actively encourage undertaking training and courses to assist that process.
Working at the Council would enable you to be part of an organisation which is proud to deliver high-quality, customer focussed services. Our success comes from us being commercially astute and business-like. Continuous improvement is also vital and our employees challenge themselves to develop new and innovative ways to improve the services that make a real difference to people's lives.
What you'll be doing…
Our Leisure Assistant team ensure the poolside, gym and all public areas are kept safe for all our users.
You will be:
- Supervising the pool area
- Working on reception, serving customers, completing transactions and making bookings
- Assisting with show rounds from the public and schools
- Ensuring the centre is well run and ready for business
You must have or be prepared to gain…
A RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - however we run courses every 6 – 7 weeks so there is always the opportunity to train with our team to get this qualification before you start with us! You must also either have or be prepared to complete a First Aid qualification. Previous experience in a leisure centre is desired, with good concentration skills and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with our customers is a necessity.
Our teams work across our 3 leisure centres so need to be able to have their own means transport and enjoy this flexible working style.
What's in it for you…
- 25 days holiday increasing to 28 days after 5 years service plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time employees)
- Opportunity to work your hours flexibly to improve your work life balance (where operationally possible)
- Employer pension contributions of 15% with the option to make additional voluntary contributions
- Access to our One Team Rewards scheme including discounts in high street shops and restaurants, employee assistance programme and car lease scheme – with more to come!
- Payroll giving scheme
- Regular reviews with your line manager, develop a personal development plan, as well as opportunities to undertake training
- Compassionate leave and sickness entitlement for times of need
- Support towards volunteering days in the community and encouragement to be involved with fun activities to raise money for local and national charities.
You may still have questions and can contact Mark Dungar or Luke Howes on 01379 653754 to answers these for you.
Interview date: w/c 03 August 2020
Please note that this post is subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Active Suffolk is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.