Types of funding
Grants and Funding
Active Suffolk has helped support local clubs and organisations to obtain funding over many years. There are many types of funding available depending on your requirements.
Active Suffolk will provide:
- We will look to match you to an appropriate Sport England funding stream.
- Brief advice and guidance around what to think about and include within your application. For example, have you shown there is need for a project? How to evidence this need? (normally undertaken via a telephone call or via email)
- A free funding search tool
- Funding alerts in our newsletters for those subscribed to receive funding newsletters.
- Advice on our own funding streams i.e. Satellite Clubs, Workforce Development etc.
For larger facility funding projects Active Suffolk will:
- Provide initial guidance and support via phone or email as above, with an on-site visit or meeting if appropriate.
- Review your application and sports development plan with comments and feedback given to the applicant.
- Provide a letter of support, if applicable, that states Active Suffolk feels you have met the funder's criteria i.e the sports development plan links to Active Suffolk and National Governing Body priorities.
Types of funding available
- Active Suffolk funding - We have some limited funds available for specific purposes.
- Coach Funding - access our coach funding page.
- Satellite Club funding is available to clubs and organisations that are interested in offering weekly sport and physical activity sessions to 14-19 year olds
- Sport England funding - Sport England is committed to helping people and communities across the country create sporting habits for life. Sport England are launching funding programmes open to a wide range of organisations. These include sports clubs, voluntary or community organisations, local authorities, schools, colleges and universities.
- Funding for Talented Athletes in Suffolk -The Suffolk SportsAid Foundation has been established to support local athletes. Working in partnership with SportsAid it's sole purpose is to raise money to support Suffolk's talented sportsmen and women to achieve their sporting goals.
- NGB Funding - For information on accessing funding from your NGB please visit the relevant website.