Last updated: 11/09/2020
Following the recent government announcements and current situation relating to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Active Suffolk team is working closely to establish a plan of action regarding upcoming courses and events.
Updates regarding any of our projects, events and courses we are supporting over the upcoming months, will be shared here and added to our social media feeds.
COVID-19 - What you need to do
As of Monday 14th September, the government have proposed new measures to help reduce the spread of the coronavirus. As of this date in England, we will not be allowed to meet in groups of more than six people. Despite these new rules, there are some exceptions which mean that people can continue to use leisure facilities including gyms, leisure centres and swimming pools. This also means that any planned physical activity or sport in the community which has followed return to play guidance can go ahead as planned. That's because these sports and activities have stringent plans in place to reduce the risk of Covid-19, and because these venues are classed as Covid-secure given the measures they've introduced.
The guidance is updated regularly and frequently and can be found HERE
The latest advice for the sector
- Full guidance from the government on the phased return of sport and recreation
- Guidance for the public on the phased return of outdoor sport and recreation
- Guidance for personal trainers and coaches on the phased return of sport and recreation
- Guidance for providers of outdoor facilities on the phased return of sport and recreation
- Elite sport return to training guidance: Step One
- Wider guidance on hygiene
- UK ACTIVE operational guidance
- Links to Guidance for Individual Sports
- Sport England Return to Play Guidance for community sport
For more information regarding the new guidance from the government please click HERE
COVID-19 - What actions are we taking?
In light of the recent events, we have taken a series of actions to help protect our staff, reduce the risk of the virus spreading and protect those that may have been booked onto future events. Within this section of the website, you will find links and advice on keeping active and well at home, CPD opportunities and sector support.
Make sure you keep up to date with the latest government guidelines. All details regarding current recommendations can be found on the GOV.UK website.
For further information about the coronavirus, including what to do if you think you have it and how to reduce your chances of getting it, visit the NHS website.