Offering Competitive Opportunities in Sport
- Embedding intra-school competitive opportunities in a variety of sports can improve self esteem and introduce pupils to an environment which allows them to thrive. This could be through house tournaments, class leagues or Olympic-style sports days.
- Allow teachers the opportunity to access sport-specific training, ensuring class and school teams receive the best training possible.
- Access high-quality coaching support in preparation for local School Games competitions.
- Provide additional support to athletes with disabilities who may otherwise not access competitive school sport.
- Access transport which will allow pupils and teams to attend local, county and regional competitions.
- Implement a leadership system within school which looks to encourage the next group of highly skilled young leaders.
- Purchase equipment which will lead to an increased familiarity with a competition environment.
Sports Development Officer (Children & Young People)
- C/O SCDC East Suffolk House, Station Road, Melton, Woodbridge, Suffolk, IP12 1RT
- 01394 444773