Babergh & Mid Suffolk
Active Schools in Babergh & Mid Suffolk is a 3 year project from 2019-2021, jointly funded by Babergh & Mid Suffolk District Councils, West Suffolk CCG and Ipswich & East Suffolk CCG.
Over the 3 years, we aim to have worked with 20 Primary Schools in total which will be evenly spilt between each area, 10 in Babergh & 10 in Mid Suffolk.
Why Babergh & Mid Suffolk?
Both areas are predominantly rural and populations are projected to grow considerably between now and 2035. Babergh population will increase by 10% and Mid Suffolk by 20%.
- 1900 children live poverty – less opportunities due to affordability/accessibility.
- 13.4% of the population do not have access to private transport.
- 21.8% Reception age children & 30.9% Year 6 age children with excess weight. 9.1% increase.
- 1600 children live in poverty
- 10.7% of the population do not have access to private transport.
- 18.9% Reception age children & 28.5% Year 6 age children with excess weight. 9.6% increase.
For more information, click the link below to view the Year 1 Case Study which outlines all of the work the project achieved throughout the first year:
Scroll below to see what some of the teachers, parents and pupils we have worked with have to say about the project.