We are the Active Partnership for Suffolk, one of 43 Active Partnerships across the whole of England. We are a non-profit organisation, funded primarily by Sport England. We also receive funding from local authorities in Suffolk.
We are committed to increasing the number of people taking part in sport and physical activity and since our formation in 1996, we have developed our role and reputation as a key player in shaping the current and future provision of sport and physical activity across the county. We work with a wide range of partners including local authorities, national governing bodies (NGB's), the education sector, the health sector, charitable/voluntary organisations and third sector organisations to support people in Suffolk to lead healthy, active lives.
Improved health and wellbeing across Suffolk by inspiring everyone to be more active.
- Improve health and wellbeing by increasing participation and reducing inactivity
- Demonstrate leadership across the sector in order to build insight, infrastructure and capacity
- Strengthen community social and economic wellbeing across Suffolk
- Innovative: we will introduce new ideas and methods to meet Suffolk's challenges
- Adaptable: we will be flexible and proactive to changing conditions, in order to meet both customer and stakeholder requirements
- Collaborative: we will put partnership working at the heart of everything we do
- Goal Focused: we will demonstrate strength of purpose to achieve the desired strategic outcomes
- Decisive: we will make effective and timely decisions based on insight and a customer customer-centric approach
Our equality statement
We acknowledge that inequalities exist within sport and physical activity participation and provision and we are committed to ensuring that everyone has an equal opportunity to take part in sport at an appropriate level. We will seek to identify inequalities and barriers to participation and promote positive action to address these within the context of local sport.
Our aim is to ensure equality principles and actions are adopted by all members of the Active Suffolk Board and Active Suffolk team and are reflected in every aspect of our operation, policies and practices. In particular, we are committed to progressing towards achieving gender parity and greater diversity in respect of Board composition