Motor sport is one of the most exciting, diverse and enjoyable sporting activities on the planet, and UK motor sport in particular is world-renowned for its long, illustrious history and its great breadth and depth.
An Overview of Motor Sport
- Karting: Kart racing is a fun way to challenge yourself while getting a feel for racing on a track, and it caters for everyone, no matter what your age.
- Circuit Racing: Racing consists of drivers competing alongside each other on a track, all striving to be the first to finish.
- Rallying: Involves a driver and a co-driver or navigator, working together to complete all the stages in the lowest aggregate time.
- Speedway: These bikes do not have brakes and only use one gear as they race anti-clockwise around a circuit.
- Trial Bikes: In trial, the competition is focused on the skill and accuracy involved in completing a set of obstacles. Rather than racing a circuit, the competition usually takes place in natural terrain such as over rocks, up hills and/or across streams. Riders are not permitted to touch the ground with their feet and are given penalties for footing or stopping.
- Motocross: The race takes place in rugged, natural terrain where competitors test their skill against each other, performing spectacular jumps and racing for the finish line.
- Enduro: Takes place in an outdoor, off-road environment, this race is against the clock rather than directly against other competitors like in Motocross.
Find Motor Sport Activities Near You
Use the search below to find local activities near you.
National Governing Bodies
- Contact Telephone
- 01753 765000